PRSA Buffalo Niagara E-Comm Committee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main Goals

3 posters

Go down

Main Goals Empty Main Goals

Post  Beth_Silverman Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm

I agree with the main goals that Tony mentioned (web refresh, outreach for social networking sites and member survey of communication during the fourth quarter).

Another goal that we should consider should be utilizing our YouTube channel. For example, perhaps we could post one video per month on what life is like to work in a given PR field (i.e. agency, nonprofit, corporate, etc.). This particular type of video could not only provide a chance for current PR professionals to see what life is like in another realm of PR (perhaps inspire a career change), but also help us to connect more with current PR students in our area. We could notify local PRSSA chapters about these videos. This could potentially help current PR students see us as a valuable resource, and encourage them to join our chapter upon graduation.
Beth_Silverman
Beth_Silverman

http://twitter.com/Beth_Silverman

Back to top Go down

Main Goals Empty Re: Main Goals

Post  Kevin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 am

I think the web refresh should be near the top of the list for us, definitely. And I like the YouTube idea if we can get the OK from the board. Sounds like something we'd need to develop a specific plan and "publication calendar" for.
Kevin
Kevin

http://about.me/kevinmanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Erwin Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I agree that the website needs some TLC. I'd love to see it redesigned to make it more picture and graphic heavy, lighter on the text. The navigation could use some improvement, too.

We definitely need to utilize our social media tools to reach out to and connect with more members. I know Facebook and Twitter would be the natural tools for this, not sure about YouTube and Flickr, to be honest. A lot of corporations and groups have a presence there, obviously, but I'm not sure how effective they are at communicating to target audiences. It might be one of those trees in a forest things. Maybe instead of trying to spread ourselves thin across the board, we pick one year to focus on something specifically and then move on to something else the next? Just thinking aloud here...

Tara Erwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum